Many people suffer from constipation and, in fact, it is so common that you might think it is normal and cannot be avoided. But this couldn’t be further from the truth, constipation is not a normal state it is a direct result of you lifestyle you lead which includes the food you eat and those which your diet lacks. Luckily, you can avoid constipation and here are nine things you can do to ensure that your digestive system always runs like clockwork.
1. Get enough fiber. I’m sure you’ve heard this one before, but are you really getting enough? The average adult should get 25 to 35 g of fiber a day and if you aren’t eating a lot of fruits, vegetables and whole wheat products then chances are you are getting way less than that. Fiber helps add roughage to your bowel movements and aids your bowels in working correctly so it is vital if you want to have regular movements and avoid constipation.
2. Get enough fluids. If you don’t drink enough fluids, your stools will become hard and this will make it more difficult to have a ball movement. You should drink at least eight 8 oz glasses of water a day and avoid caffeinated beverages as these do nothing to add water to your intestines where it is needed most.
3. Dieting? If you are on a diet that has you eating foods you are not used to or foods that don’t have a lot of fiber such as some of the low-carb diets that put a big emphasis on protein than the changing your eating habits as well as the lack of fiber can be causing constipation. Make sure you get plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
4. Medications. Many medications cause constipation so if you’re on any medicine it’s a good idea to check it to see if it is constipation causing. If it is, you’ll want to counteract it by adding even more fiber into your diet and making sure you get enough water to correct.
5. Pregnancy. Pregnant women often suffer from constipation due to the many changes going on in their body. The best way to combat this, and also the healthiest way, is to get a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as well as drink a lot of water.
6. Decrease your coffee consumption. Caffeinated coffee can cause you to become constipated because the caffeine acts as a diuretic and causes water to be lost in your urine instead of placing the water in your colon where it can help solve your stools.
7. Distress. If you’re stressed out than chances are this can be adding to your bowel problems. Try practicing stress relief by taking a hot bath, doing yoga or just relaxing in front of the fire.
8. Exercise. Exercising is a great way to get everything moving and help relieve constipation. Walking is especially good as the gentle rocking motion can help stimulate your bowels into action. Try taking a half-hour walk every day it is many health benefits not the least of which is helping you to avoid constipation.
Constipation doesn’t have to be a way of life. If you live a healthier lifestyle with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains and avoid package and processed foods as well as include some moderate exercise and you’ll find that you become more regular as well as healthier.
She’s been occasionally suffering from constipation. Is this not because she is already 57 years of age? Is it because at our age, digestive system starts to malfunction? And could constipation go to cancerous case?
Many people suffer from occasional constipation. Usually constipation isn’t a serious matter and is correctable and preventable by making a permanent change in eating habits and lifestyle. Increase dietary fiber, water intake to 2-3 liters/day, and increase phsyical activity. The occasional (and I stress occasional) use of a stool softener or laxative is fine. She can speak to her doctor about this and her constipation. Constipation is more common in people over the age of 65. Whether this will lead to cancer or whether the constipation is due to cancer, remains to be seen. There would be other signs and symptoms. At this point, I would not be concerned about it. If her constipation becomes chronic or cannot be remedied by my suggestions, she should report this to he doctor.
Colon cleansers are widely accessible at many quality of life food shops as well as your local drug store. However if you want to avert that altogether there are natural ways to cleanse your colon and the rest of your body. That is, you can achieve the same results from simply eating healthily.
By eating correctly and drinking enough amounts of water, you will encounter a nature-based purifying and cleansing answer for you on the inside and out. This is a life-term deal, and not just a quick fix type answer for when you start suffering problems. Our culture tends to not think long-term on our health, but that is all about to change starting with you.
Get plenty of fiber which is renowned to be efficient at cleansing your bodies such as removing toxins and such. Comparatively intuitive stuff right? The trick is to look at your existing diet, and see if you are getting plenty of water and fiber in it. If not, well, it’s probably a good idea to do so immediately. The process never ends.
You will find many stories of people who have had successes with colon cleansers on this site. Hopefully you will find something that suits your body type, eating habits, lifestyle, and overall quality of life profile. This is a critical step in improving your quality of life so please do not take it too lightly.
If at any time you feel that you need health advice, do not hesitate to speak with your doctor and set an appointment with him or her straight off. Colon cleansers come in many different types, therefore it’s central to find out whether one is better for you versus another to stay away from any unexpected complications down the line.