The colon’s main function is to expel waste and toxins from the body. When not working properly, these toxins can build up, often causing ailments such as constipation, cramping, bloating, gas, headaches, irritability, stress, fatigue, acne, the inability to process nutrients and much more. Colon cleansing is a simple and effective way to purify the colon and help get to the root of these symptoms and prevent them even before they start!
So, what exactly causes an unhealthy colon? A poor diet is the leading contributor to toxic buildup within the body. Fast foods and most commercially grown fruits and vegetables contain harmful toxins that can often become trapped in your body. Another cause is old and hardened fecal matter that can actually begin to line the intestinal walls if not expelled properly. The human body is capable of carrying up to 15 pounds of fecal matter in their intestines! Other contributing factors include pollution, unpurified water, weight gain, premature aging and much more.
Danny Vierra, an expert on colon detoxification, has developed a revolutionary product called Almighty Cleanse, which is designed to detoxify your body while boosting your body’s own internal cleansing method. The first of the two-part system is intended to gently remove the toxins and fecal matter from your colon by stimulating your digestive system, and the second helps to expel the waste and toxins, leaving you feeling light, fresh and healthy! For maximum benefit, it is recommended to cleanse your colon 4 times each year, or at the start of each season. This way you will be able to be rid of the toxins before they start to build up, therefore escaping any symptoms of an unhealthy colon.
The health benefits of a properly functioning colon are endless. You will notice a flatter stomach, clearer skin, fresher breath, more energy and stamina. Some benefits that are equally important, but may not be noticed right away, are a healthier immune system and gastrointestinal tissue, lower cholesterol levels and a healthier digestive system. With Almighty Cleanse, you will be able to see and feel the long term benefits of a healthier and more efficient colon right away.
Many people suffer from constipation and, in fact, it is so common that you might think it is normal and cannot be avoided. But this couldn’t be further from the truth, constipation is not a normal state it is a direct result of you lifestyle you lead which includes the food you eat and those which your diet lacks. Luckily, you can avoid constipation and here are nine things you can do to ensure that your digestive system always runs like clockwork.
1. Get enough fiber. I’m sure you’ve heard this one before, but are you really getting enough? The average adult should get 25 to 35 g of fiber a day and if you aren’t eating a lot of fruits, vegetables and whole wheat products then chances are you are getting way less than that. Fiber helps add roughage to your bowel movements and aids your bowels in working correctly so it is vital if you want to have regular movements and avoid constipation.
2. Get enough fluids. If you don’t drink enough fluids, your stools will become hard and this will make it more difficult to have a ball movement. You should drink at least eight 8 oz glasses of water a day and avoid caffeinated beverages as these do nothing to add water to your intestines where it is needed most.
3. Dieting? If you are on a diet that has you eating foods you are not used to or foods that don’t have a lot of fiber such as some of the low-carb diets that put a big emphasis on protein than the changing your eating habits as well as the lack of fiber can be causing constipation. Make sure you get plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
4. Medications. Many medications cause constipation so if you’re on any medicine it’s a good idea to check it to see if it is constipation causing. If it is, you’ll want to counteract it by adding even more fiber into your diet and making sure you get enough water to correct.
5. Pregnancy. Pregnant women often suffer from constipation due to the many changes going on in their body. The best way to combat this, and also the healthiest way, is to get a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as well as drink a lot of water.
6. Decrease your coffee consumption. Caffeinated coffee can cause you to become constipated because the caffeine acts as a diuretic and causes water to be lost in your urine instead of placing the water in your colon where it can help solve your stools.
7. Distress. If you’re stressed out than chances are this can be adding to your bowel problems. Try practicing stress relief by taking a hot bath, doing yoga or just relaxing in front of the fire.
8. Exercise. Exercising is a great way to get everything moving and help relieve constipation. Walking is especially good as the gentle rocking motion can help stimulate your bowels into action. Try taking a half-hour walk every day it is many health benefits not the least of which is helping you to avoid constipation.
Constipation doesn’t have to be a way of life. If you live a healthier lifestyle with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains and avoid package and processed foods as well as include some moderate exercise and you’ll find that you become more regular as well as healthier.
Several folks have spoken with me lately regarding digestion problems. We all have suffered at one time or another from the pains of improper digestion – heartburn, nausea, constipation, diarrhea. However, many of the medications that we are given to correct a problem in another area of our body can cause an unpleasant reaction in the digestive system.
The most common problem that I am asked about is constipation. I feel that much of the cause of this digestive upset stems from improper diet. Secondary causes include the dehydrating effects of certain medications, such as pain medications, antidepressants, and others. The dilemma of constipation is that it sets up the body for illness as a result of the retained stool in the bowel. The body continues to try to absorb nutrients from the waste products. The process actually reintroduces toxins to the body. Much of this disturbance in digestion can be helped by taking supplements that contain high levels of digestive enzymes.
These enzymes are vital to the proper breakdown and absorption of foods. They are classified in three categories – amylases, lipases and proteolytic enzymes. Amylases assist in carbohydrate digestion, a process that begins with the saliva in your mouth. Lipases help the body dissolve and absorb fats. Proteolytic enzymes are those which aid the body in assimilation of proteins. As you can see, each group of enzymes plays a substantial role in achieving overall nutrition. A shortage of any one enzyme can lead to problems.
Many times, our fast-paced lifestyle helps generate the digestive dilemma. Eating too quickly, not chewing your food enough times (Mom was right about that), or a diet lacking in fresh foods can cause inadequate levels of enzymes to be ingested or produced by our body. A diet high in fruits and vegetables can go a long way toward correcting trouble with digestion. For example, pineapple and papaya contain bromelain and papain respectively, two key enzymes for protein absorption. Most foods contain the enzymes necessary to digest them. However, refining, processing and cooking foods at high temperatures destroys these vital substances. Therefore, it may be very helpful to use a supplement to aid in the digestive process.
A complete digestive aid needs to contain ingredients which will digest all types of food. To ensure that a supplement is complete, it should contain the following:
Betaine Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) – a pH balancing enzyme derived from beets used to digest meats and animal proteins.
Pepsin – the natural enzyme that breaks down proteins and whose function depends on the contents of HCL.
Bromelain and Papain – powerful enzymes found in pineapple and papaya that act to break down the proteins into amino acids.
Pancreatin – a collection of enzymes secreted by the pancreas into the part of the small intestine closest to the stomach. Pancreatic enzymes break down proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Lipase – aids in fat digestion, while complex carbohydrates are digested by a combination action of mylase and mycozyme.
Amylase and Protease – two potent digestive enzymes secreted by the pancreas, that digest carbohydrates and protein.
Ox Bile – improves fat digestion and combats constipation through the stimulation of the bile flow and improves functioning of the gallbladder.
If you would like more information on any topic discussed in this article, you can contact me through my website address at www.JerryRyanPhD.com or email me at DoctorRyan@JerryRyanPhD.com with your questions.
Jerry Ryan, Ph.D.
She’s been occasionally suffering from constipation. Is this not because she is already 57 years of age? Is it because at our age, digestive system starts to malfunction? And could constipation go to cancerous case?
Many people suffer from occasional constipation. Usually constipation isn’t a serious matter and is correctable and preventable by making a permanent change in eating habits and lifestyle. Increase dietary fiber, water intake to 2-3 liters/day, and increase phsyical activity. The occasional (and I stress occasional) use of a stool softener or laxative is fine. She can speak to her doctor about this and her constipation. Constipation is more common in people over the age of 65. Whether this will lead to cancer or whether the constipation is due to cancer, remains to be seen. There would be other signs and symptoms. At this point, I would not be concerned about it. If her constipation becomes chronic or cannot be remedied by my suggestions, she should report this to he doctor.
Herbal cleansing has become very popular in the world today and comes in many different forms. One can go to an alternative health clinic for advanced forms of herbal cleansing or simply take herbal supplements at home.
There are many products on the market in the form of pills or powders with various herbal combinations depending on the particular type of cleansing you wish to undertake.
One can take herbs to cleanse the liver, kidneys, and other vital organs. The most popular form of herbal cleansing however, is to clean the intestines. The purpose behind herbal cleansing is to remove wastes and toxins from the body so cleansing the intestines is the logical choice.
An efficiently functioning digestive tract will help support and nourish the body. Properly formulated herbal supplements can assist the elimination of wastes and improve the assimilation of nutrients in the body.
Many alternative health practitioners believe that ill health begins in the colon and the first step in preventing and treating disease is to cleanse the digestive tract. Our modern diet of heavily processed food along with sedentary lifestyles contributes to the accumulation of waste products in the colon and a sluggish digestive system.
Herbal cleansing help restore the body to its normal state of being able to repair itself and ward off disease. Some claim that herbal cleansing remedies can help rid the body of parasites which could be responsible for a variety of diseases.
Another claim of herbal cleansing products is that the herbs help to loosen old material in the intestines and allow it to pass out of the body. In addition, some herbs may help to tone the bowels to allow them to function more normally to aid in the rapid elimination of wastes.
There are actually many varieties of herbal supplements on the market today and the function will depend upon which herbs are used in the product. You can easily find herbal cleansing products at your local health food store. You can also shop for them online where you will be assured of having access to a huge variety of products and be able to research them and then compare prices before you buy.
When buying herbs it is important to buy quality standardized herbal preparations. It is usually not a good idea to buy herbal supplements based on price alone. Stick with well known and respected name brands and if you have any questions, consult your physician or alternative healthcare provider for medical advice.
If you currently are on prescription medication or have an illness, it is particularly important to talk with your doctor before adding herbal supplements to your diet as some herbs may react with your medications.
Taking a break is something we could all use. But when life doesnât allow us the luxury, we need to make sure that weâre doing something to help our bodies keep up. With a cleanse, you can enable your body to withstand the rigors of your busy life, while also protecting it from the damage that you might have already caused. Our bodies arenât made to last forever, but they can certainly last longer when we think about a detox cleanse.
Why you need to detox from time to time
Think about the trash can in your home. When it gets to be too full, you empty it. That seems simple enough. What you might want to consider is that your body acts in much the same way, storing trash and toxins until it gets too full and needs to be emptied. Some of us react to this build up by having digestive troubles, while others of us can become tired and lethargic. Instead of waiting for your body to react, you can be proactive by doing some sort of detox body cleanse plan that will help the trash be taken out more frequently.
When toxins accumulate in our bodies, a number of things can occur. For one, you might notice swelling in your extremities, you might see that your face is puffy or that your digestion is slower. While these seem like smaller problems, without a detox cleanse routine, these toxins will back up into vital organs like the kidneys and colon, causing more problems than just simple fatigue.
Cleansing gives you energy
When you embark on a simple cleanse, you will see the increase in your bodyâs energy nearly immediately. Because your body isnât adding to the problems it already has, your body is able to start working on the problems that are present and solving them. For example, simply fasting for one day (assuming that your doctor approves it) will allow your digestive system to rest and work on the food that is still in there. Itâs a known fact that most of us have days worth of food in our intestines, so every now and then, they need a detox cleanse. Or you can buy a footbath cleansing systems such as the Ioncleanse that will help you rid your body of impurities that build up over time.
Cleansing lets your digestion be more efficient
Instead of having constipation, a colon detox program can help move things along at more normal pace. By following a detox cleansing diet, for example, you can introduce foods that digest easily as well as deposit fiber in the digestive tract, helping to scrape away any residue in the large intestine that might be slowing things down. You might also want to try a colon detox supplement that will help to compact the remaining fecal matter in your intestine so that it is removed entirely from your body.
Cleansing removes harmful chemicals
Due to the processed foods that we love and eat, our bodies can need a detox cleanse routine more than you can imagine. These chemicals can build up in your body and start to damage the DNA in your cells, possibly causing cancerous cells to form. When you create the time for a detox body cleanse on a regular basis, you will prevent his kind of chemical build up and possibly head off more dangerous diseases. Of course, you can help this process by limiting the chemicals you take in as well.
Finding a safe, effective and natural colon cleanser can be difficult, particularly when you begin to wade through the wealth of information that is available today regarding your colon health. Combine the articles that offer myriad opinions on the efficacy of natural colon cleansing with the enormous array of companies and individuals with cleansing mixtures for sale, and it can be difficult to know where to turn for an unbiased overview on the subject. If you have been drowning in an ocean of information while searching for your personal recipe for natural colon cleansers, then look no further. Here is a brief guide to what you need to know.
More than ever, we are aware of what we put into our bodies, and have come to discover, either through reading about various illnesses and conditions on the internet, or having the misfortune of experiencing one of them for ourselves, that the health of our digestive system is paramount. The colon is an important part of this system, being the last stop for the waste that our body has accumulated before it leaves our body.
It makes sense that cleansing this region would be imperative to our health, and with our ever-growing body consciousness, that we would prefer all natural colon cleansing if possible.
While some people argue that the colon is, in fact, capable of performing such a cleansing procedure by itself, many others believe that even a healthy colon needs the help of a natural colon cleanser from time to time. Whether the urge to cleanse this area stems from an uncomfortable, and sometimes painful, bout of constipation, or the belief that the build up of toxins in the colon are causing a range of other, more diverse symptoms, even those who claim that colon cleansing is unnecessary would agree that a natural colon cleanse, performed properly, does no damage, and possibly a great deal of good.
For any natural colon cleanse to achieve optimal effects, a healthy diet must be adhered to during, and ideally after, the cleanse itself. Plenty of water should be consumed in order to more easily facilitate the passage of waste while a frequent component of the recipes for natural colon cleansers is the adoption of a liquid diet for the duration of the cleanse.
Many people find, in fact, that these simple dietary changes are sufficient to act as a natural colon cleanse in their own right, but for those still encountering problems, a more powerful cleanse can be achieved by the addition of such herbal substances as psyllium husks, which act as roughage, and probiotics, which help increase the number of healthy bacteria in the colon area, helping you to maintain the healthy colon achieved by your simple and all-natural colon cleanse.
And if you do undertake a complete colon cleanse then remember that you still have to look after yourself after the cleanse, that just doing a cleanse on its own wont have long lasting benefits.
Constipation is a fairly common problem for most people but its symptoms and the discomfort that comes along with it make it a horrible experience for most. Fortunately, it is easy enough to resolve and easy enough to avoid. Here are some simple tips to follow to prevent future bouts of constipation and maintaining regular, healthy bowel movements.
1. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber. A key to fighting constipation is to increase your fiber intake. It helps produce soft, bulky stools that are easy to expel. Beans, whole grains and cereals as wells as fresh fruits and leafy vegetables are foods that are rich in fiber. These vegetables include cabbage, brussel sprouts and carrots.
2. In fighting constipation, one must also increase fluid intake. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day so there is enough of it to produce soft stools that is easy to eliminate.
3. Eating more fruits and vegetables also helps fight constipation. They contain substances that remove toxins and help them be flushed out of the digestive system.
4. Fighting constipation does not mean sacrificing your protein intake. The key to enjoying the benefits of proteins without constipating is by eating it with a fiber- rich food. Suffering from constipation or being prone to it does not mean you have to give protein up entirely. To keep constipation at bay, balance your protein intake with vegetables so it will not bring out your constipation problem. Proteins that stay very long in the colon may lead to cancer so eating vegetable along with them help eliminate them eventually.
5. Engaging in daily exercise is also known to relieve symptoms of constipation and to promote regular body processes including bowel movement.
6. Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement is also a no-no in prevention of constipation. It is good to condition one’s body to do bowel movement first thing in the morning to regularly eliminate body wastes and toxins. Even if you are busy, if you feel the urge to eliminate waste do so, before you have problems with constipation by habitually ignoring nature’s call.
7. Maximize the marvels of papaya. Papaya is a fruit that is rich in fiber and has substances that have antioxidant properties. Papaya is an excellent source of relief from constipation. It has a rich, sweet likeable taste that provides not only relief from constipation but is also filling. It makes an excellent desert and can be eaten as it is or as a drink or shake or as an ingredient in salads. It is also known to have anticancer properties so it also protects the cells in the colon against this disease. Papaya also contains papain which is an enzyme that helps breakdown proteins (which is why it is used as a meat tenderizer in many cooking techniques.)
8. Limiting the intake of foods that are poor in fiber is also a key step in preventing constipation. During snacks, go for food that provides fiber such as cereals or wheat bread as well as fruits and vegetables. Fruit juices, especially those prepared from fresh fruits are also excellent sources of fiber that prevent constipation.
9. Go for natural foods rather than processed foods to prevent and fight constipation. This means choosing fresh vegetables and fruits rather than those that are canned or have preservatives in them. Fresh fruits and vegetables mean having all the important nutrients and fibers intact.
10. In cases where constipation had already set in, the best remedy is to take laxatives. There are a lot of over-the-counter laxatives available today but it is still best to consult to doctor before taking some. This is to know which one is the best for your case because it may depend on the cause of your constipation. Fighting constipation through the use of laxatives should also be done in moderation. Treatment with laxatives should only be done until regular bowel movement is achieved and not longer. For children, they should be also be used under the advise of a doctor and should not be used on a long- term basis.
Preventing and fighting constipation is easy enough especially if you could identify the causes of your problem. By following the above tips in fighting constipation, there is no way you should lose the battle and be deprived of a feeling of comfort that could only come from the regular exercise of one of your body’ most important functions: waste elimination.
Searching for colon cleanse recipes can be a bit like hunting for hay in a haystack, theres so many of them around that it can be just a little overwhelming! But while it might be simple enough to find a free colon cleanse recipe using the Internet, theres no guarantee that the homemade cleanser you end up with will be any good, or even match your particular needs. So while it might be eminently possible to make your own effective colon cleanser in the comfort of your own home, it makes sense to exercise some care before you start to purchase the ingredients suggested by a free colon cleaner recipe you stumble across on the internet.
As with any information you find, from any source, remember that it was put together by another mere mortal like yourself. Be sure to check the credentials of the writer of any colon cleanse recipe you find. Many free recipes have been put together by alternative health professionals, while some will simply be the result of the homemade trial and error of a concerned colon owner like yourself. Find out any details you can about the ingredients used in the recipes you find, and make sure they are generally considered safe for human consumption before you put them in your body.
That said, there are a few colon cleanse recipe ingredients that have stood the test of time quite well, and are generally thought to yield good results. These include such natural ingredients as psyllium husks or seeds, which offer the bulk your colon needs to cleanse itself of any build up of waste material, this ingredient is often found in the recipes of store-bought colon cleaners, a testimony to its safety and efficacy.
Probiotics are another frequent ingredient in both homemade and store-bought colon cleanse recipes, as they help to increase the natural occurrence of the good bacteria that live in your digestive system and help it to flourish. The long use of this ingredient should indicate to you that its presence in any free colon cleanse recipe you find is a good thing.
Many free colon cleanse recipes contain an extra ingredient that you will need to purchase from a particular vendor, and here is where you need to exercise some care. While the sellers of reputable products abound, there will always be some recipe purveyors who formulate cleansing programs and diets simply to sell their wares.
Most of these products simply contain the ingredients mentioned previously, along with other herbs that can be purchased at your local health food store, so always try to read the virtual label of any recommended product your find on the Internet before you add it to your cleansing recipe.
Creating your own colon cleansing recipe doesnt have to be a difficult task, and unless you have particular digestive trouble, sticking to a simple plan is best. If you are in any doubt, contact your alternative health practitioner, and never use a free colon cleansing recipe you are unsure of.
A homemade colon cleanse might seem like the ideal way to regain power over your health, particularly if you have been experiencing the after-effects of a poor diet, insufficient exercise and the general stresses and strains of our every day modern life. While there is little doubt that a sluggish digestive system can wreak havoc on your sense of wellbeing, is finding out how to make our own homemade colonic remedy the answer?
The sometimes overwhelming presence of the Internet in our daily lives can make us feel as though the answer to how to make just about anything is right there at our fingertips. From building home electronic equipment to baking a cake, it isnt difficult to find a how-to guide for just about anything. And while serving our family up a batch of burned scones might not be a life-threatening affair, creating our own home remedy for colon cleansing can be more dangerous.
Medical training takes so long for a very good reason, because the human body can be a complex thing. We each, however, own and operate one, so it can be easy to think that we are qualified to deal with each and every aspect of its maintenance, including the creation of our own homemade colon cleansing diet. While tweaking our diet every once in a while to help maintain optimal colon health is no bad thing, discovering how to make home colonics can cross into more tricky territory.
Just because something is homemade, this doesnt mean it cant be potent. And while we might engage ourselves in home colon cleansing in the hope of a potent response, we must remember that we might not earn the one we would hope for. Dont let the name of natural ingredients fool you, there are some powerful herbs in our own kitchens than can not only offer us a great homemade colon cleanse, but can unbalance our fragile digestive systems when used incorrectly.
A homemade colonic can be a wonderful way to empty your digestive tract of the build up of debris that might just be wearing you out, but do remember that colon cleansing is a powerful procedure, and can cause adverse effects when used improperly. A wealth of information exists on the topic, but to ensure your continued health and wellbeing, be sure to use this information responsibly.
Always verify anything you read on making a home remedy colon cleanse with another source, and check with your doctor or alternative health practitioner if in any doubt. Millions of people report the wonderful effects that colon cleansing can bring, make sure you dont become a part of an uncomfortable, or pained, minority by performing your homemade colon cleanse safely.