I am doing a colon cleanse before i start a fairly large diet [at least 50 lbs by august!] and i was wondering what the colon does and how many pounds on average that you might loose. thanks!
Yes – you can lose weight with a colon cleanse!
The colon is part of your digestive system – it’s main function is to absorb the vitamins and nutrients from the food you eat, and to pass the waste on to… the end of the line. lol!
The problem is that our digestive system isn’t set up to process a lot of the foods we eat – like meat products, processed foods and some dairy. Little bits can get left behind in the colon and, over time, these can really add up, leading to weight gain, gas, bloating and even more serious conditions like diverticulitis.
This is where colon cleanse products come in – they help to remove all this built up gunk and replace the natural bacteria that grow in your colon. When all the stuff comes out, it makes sense that you lose weight.
Personally, I lost about 43 pounds using colon cleanse products along with another supplement. To read my story, click on the link below:
I suffer with really bad trapped wind and constipation. When I rub and squeeze my belly for a long time, wind eventually passes. Would wearing a shiatsu massage belt on a regular basis relieve my wind and constipation?
No one will really know. You should change your diet and stop eating sugar, gluten and dairy.
I was wondering, is constipation when you feel like you have to go but it wont come out, or if you just don't feel like you have to go at all?
Can be both. Constipation occurs when the colon absorbs too much water or if the colon’s muscle contractions are slow or sluggish, causing the stool to move through the colon too slowly. As a result, stools can become hard and dry.
More Dietary fiber in your diet (like metamusil supplement)
Proper exercise and diet (including fresh fruits and veggies!)
Laxatives, enemas, suppositories if it gets too bad and you need a little 'help'
A friend of mine overseas (lebanon) has trouble with stomach pain and constipation. I am 100% sure its diet related. Can anyone point me to a site or information that will give me a diet that could be followed in Beirut?
Are there any health food stores in Beirut?
Your friend should avoid greasy,high fat food and acidic food like citrus juices, carbonated drinks. A tablespoon of coriander seeds is a natural home remedy for stomach aches, to be eaten after meals. More home remedies for stomach ache at http://www.aches.in/homeremediesstomachache.html
What diet should I have to rid of constipation?
Any idea how can I get a healthy intestinal transit?
High fiber diets are the best for your intestinal tract and for constipation. The fiber helps stimulate your GI tract to push everything down and out. high fiber diets are also a good way to protect yourself from colon cancer. you can find fiber in cereal, whole grain bread, fruits and vegetables. you can also take a fiber supplement, but it is never as good as getting it in your diet.
I just got out of school and have stopped drinking as much water and stop exercising. Its only been like 5 days but now when I eat my stomach hurts and I have like intestinal pain. I was told it may be constipation, I started drinking more water and moving around more but do you know any home remidies like olive oil or something I would keep around the house?
You need at least 30 % of Fiber in your diet. You will get the Fiber from 100% Bran from the Cerial. and other from your fruits and vegaetalbles you eat every day. That should take care of it and you should not have a problem with constipation any more. You can use olive oil in your cooking, and Fish Oil is good to have in your diet for yout heart. But the Fiber will take care of your problem.
I had never taken medicine for constipation ever, but I was in so much pain that I finally decided to try the medicine. It didn't work at all! In fact, I feel worse. What can I do? I can't afford to go to the doctor. Is this an emergency or life threatening? Or will I eventually go? What other steps can I take?
Forget the Milk of Magnesia and get some Peri-Colace (or generic brand). Take the maximum recommended dose. It is a stimulant laxative combined with a stool softener. One you have relief start taking a stool softener everyday until your diet helps you produce softer stools.
The best way to reduce or eliminate constipation is:
- More water
- More fiber (naturally fibrous foods are best)
- More exercises like walking, running or bike riding
But when the medicines don't work, I take a 1 to 2 quart tap water enema.
I am a piles patient and want to know how can i get rid of constipation.
foods most likely to prevent and cure constipation little of CoarsWheat Bran &Rice Bran and lots of Fruits and Veg.Prunes.Figs.Dates.COffee.Lots of fluids ,if your constipation is chronic or ir is known to result from a medical problem consult a physician before radically changing your diet….there are foods to watch for: caffeine. although coffee can be a laxative, caffeine can also contribute to constipation in some.Onevsurvey of 15,000 men and women by University of North Carolina researchers noted that those who were often constipated drank more tea and coffee. A possible reason: the nerves of the colon may come to tolerate the constant stimulant effect of coffee and caffeine, and thus become sluggish, just as they often do when people become overdependent over-the-counter stimulant-type laxatives..another food to watch for ..milk and calcium…
I have conflicting information as to how many bowl movements is good or normal. What is the normal amount for a person with a healthy cleansed colon or is on a regular colon cleanse regiment?
Please site your source for the answer to this question. Thanks!
It’s basically impossible to predict. Many of these ‘cleansing’ procedures are not particularly healthy – in addition to having no actual health benefits. For some people it is normal to have a bowel movement only two times a week, for others, daily. Either is completely normal, and there’s nothing pathological about either.
Many ‘cleansing’ regimens severely disrupt the internal flora and absorption processes of the GI tract. This can result in a slowing of bowel movements and constipation all the way to constant runny diarrhea. That’s of course for those regimens that actually do anything to the GI system at all.
Basically, it’s impossible to gauge health or normalcy from bowel movements. There’s a huge range, and despite what the charming evangelist selling laxatives on the TV at night says, you can’t claim any particular number as what everyone should be having. It’s not very productive to focus a lot of energy on this, as the medical data is quite clear about the above.
Many people suffer from constipation and, in fact, it is so common that you might think it is normal and cannot be avoided. But this couldn’t be further from the truth, constipation is not a normal state it is a direct result of you lifestyle you lead which includes the food you eat and those which your diet lacks. Luckily, you can avoid constipation and here are nine things you can do to ensure that your digestive system always runs like clockwork.
1. Get enough fiber. I’m sure you’ve heard this one before, but are you really getting enough? The average adult should get 25 to 35 g of fiber a day and if you aren’t eating a lot of fruits, vegetables and whole wheat products then chances are you are getting way less than that. Fiber helps add roughage to your bowel movements and aids your bowels in working correctly so it is vital if you want to have regular movements and avoid constipation.
2. Get enough fluids. If you don’t drink enough fluids, your stools will become hard and this will make it more difficult to have a ball movement. You should drink at least eight 8 oz glasses of water a day and avoid caffeinated beverages as these do nothing to add water to your intestines where it is needed most.
3. Dieting? If you are on a diet that has you eating foods you are not used to or foods that don’t have a lot of fiber such as some of the low-carb diets that put a big emphasis on protein than the changing your eating habits as well as the lack of fiber can be causing constipation. Make sure you get plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
4. Medications. Many medications cause constipation so if you’re on any medicine it’s a good idea to check it to see if it is constipation causing. If it is, you’ll want to counteract it by adding even more fiber into your diet and making sure you get enough water to correct.
5. Pregnancy. Pregnant women often suffer from constipation due to the many changes going on in their body. The best way to combat this, and also the healthiest way, is to get a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as well as drink a lot of water.
6. Decrease your coffee consumption. Caffeinated coffee can cause you to become constipated because the caffeine acts as a diuretic and causes water to be lost in your urine instead of placing the water in your colon where it can help solve your stools.
7. Distress. If you’re stressed out than chances are this can be adding to your bowel problems. Try practicing stress relief by taking a hot bath, doing yoga or just relaxing in front of the fire.
8. Exercise. Exercising is a great way to get everything moving and help relieve constipation. Walking is especially good as the gentle rocking motion can help stimulate your bowels into action. Try taking a half-hour walk every day it is many health benefits not the least of which is helping you to avoid constipation.
Constipation doesn’t have to be a way of life. If you live a healthier lifestyle with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains and avoid package and processed foods as well as include some moderate exercise and you’ll find that you become more regular as well as healthier.